With Glass Worldwide as official journal, the 45th ASEAN Glass Conference is underway in Nha Trang, hosted by the Vietnam Glass Association (Vieglass).
Following a golf tournament and cocktail reception, Harris Hendraka (AFGM Chairman), Nguyễn Huy Thắng (Organising Committee Chairman and Vice Chairman/Secretary General of Vieglass) and Vu Thi Hoai Thu (keynote speaker from the National Economics University) addressed over 300 delegates from 26 countries at a grand welcome ceremony.
Technical sessions will follow under the event’s ‘Our Net Zero Future’ theme, with presentations including:
– Initiative for Melting Technology Towards Net Zero Carbon Emission (AGC Ceramics).
– Next Generation of Measurement Machines illustrated by the Gawis4Glass (Agr Bangkok).
– Cut CO2 Emissions at Glass Container Forming Process (Bucher Emhart Glass).
– Glass and Light – Reduction of CO2 by high dynamic wall thickness measurement in durable and upgradable measuring machines (ESOMATEC).
– Hydrogen combustion in the glass industry – hydrogen CF carbon free burner (FlammaTec).
– Saving weight – saving energy with Heye smart solutions (Heye International).
– Sustainable glass melting technology – the future of electric power (HORN Glass Industries).
– Our Net Zero Future (TIAMA).
– Intelligent inspection: Optimizing waste while reducing carbon footprint! (IRIS Inspection machines).
– How glass manufacturing/processing head towards no emissions (SORG).
– Double digit savings with new batch and cullet technologies (ZIPPE).
Papers from the conference will be exclusively reproduced in 2024 issues of Glass Worldwide. Complementing the technical sessions, attendees are benefiting from Business Connect sessions as well as a social programme aimed at strengthening business networking and collaboration.
In addition to Glass Worldwide, sponsors of the event include AGC, Agr, Antonini, Bottero, Bucher Automation, Bucher Emhart Glass, Electroglass, Esomatic, FIC, Fives, Flammatec, Forglass, Glass Service, GRT Groupe Rondot Thailand, Heat Applications, Heye International, HORN Glass Industries, Hotwork International, Ihara Furnace Co, IRIS Inspection machines, Jianhua Mould, Jinggong Mould, Ori Mould, Tiama, Vertech’, Viglacera, Vietnam Float Glass, VS Glass, and ZIPPE Industrieanlagen.
A full event review will follow in Glass Worldwide. In the meantime, readers interested in the South East Asian glass industry can access the online AFGM/Glass Worldwide library at https://www.glassworldwide.co.uk/afgm-articles where over 70 articles provide a comprehensive overview of the region and AFGM activities.
#The Federation of Thai Industries
#Glass Manufacturers Industry Club